Casino Stocks: a Good Gamble on the Stock Market?
by Paul Ace Diamond "Huggy" Blow
You may win more money with casino stocks than you do at the casinos!
by Paul Ace Diamond "Huggy" Blow
1) WYNN RESORTS stocks (WYNN)
The Wynn Resorts own and operate the Wynn and the Encore in Las Vegas, along with the Wynn Macou in China which is modeled after the Wynn in Vegas. The Wynn stock is currently riding around $95-$100 per share and has promise to rise with the new property in Macou. The Wynn stocks in 2014 peaked at $244 a share, then dove to $57 per share in January of 2016, but since then have risen to the current $95-$100 level. Wynn stocks pay a dividend of 2% (or around $2 a share). With the dividends and the promising Macou gambling market, Wynn stocks are a good bet on the stock market and if you trade just one casino stock, WYNN is the one to buy.
2) LAS VEGAS SANDS stocks (LVS)
Las Vegas Sands (LVS) -- the world's largest casino owner -- is a corporation that owns and operates the Palazzo and the Venetian casinos on the Las Vegas Strip, along with the Sands Expo convention center in Las Vegas and in China owns and operates the Sands Macao, the Venetian Macao, the Palazzo Macao, and the Sands Cotai Central. Stocks for Las Vegas Sands have been remaining steady in the $50 range for quite some time, but the beauty of Las Vegas Sands stocks is they pay a 5.3% dividend (or about $2.50 per share). If you are looking for a long term investment with generous dividends, Las Vegas Sands is a good investment, with the possibility of higher earnings in the near future with the growing Chinese gambling market.
3) MELCO RESORTS stocks (MLCO)
Melco Resorts (MLCO) is a corporation located in Hong Kong that owns and operates casinos and resorts in Hong Kong, the Philippines, and Macao. Melco, along with the Wynn, gets a lot of the VIP gambling action in Macao and thus has been doing very well. MELCO stocks are the best bargain of the bunch, currently priced in the $20-22 range, making it a favorite for small investors. MELCO also offers a dividend, although it is quite small at about 9 cents per share.
4) MGM Resorts (MGM) MGM Resorts operates casinos and resorts in Las Vegas (including the Bellagio, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, and the Mirage) and also operates the MGM Macau in China. A second casino in China, the MGM Cotai, is set to open in January 2018, and once opened should raise MGM's revenues and the stock price. Currently the MGM stock trades at around $32-33 a share and has a dividend yield of 1.35%.
5) Caesars Entertainment Corporation (CZR) CZR stock is currently the cheapest casino stock on the market, currently trading in the $12-13 range. Caesars Entertainment Corporation operates over 50 casinos and hotels under several brands including Caesars Palace, Harrah's, and Bally's in Las Vegas. Caesars currently operates no casinos in China (missing out on the fruitful Macau revenue the other casino corporations enjoy) and currently has no dividend.
All in all, casino stocks can be a good bet in the stock market. Let's face facts -- casinos make money (that's what they do), and as long as there are gamblers, they will continue to make money. Casino stocks may not give you large returns on your investment, but with the expanding world-wide casino markets and the dividends can be a good long term investment. If you like to gamble in the casinos, gambling in the stock market with casino stocks may be the better bet!
Current casino stock prices listed in the widget below
$$$ Go to the Paul Diamond Blow Casino VIP Lounge homepage for more casino tips and advice articles $$$