The Top Ten Stocks to Buy and Hold
by Paul Ace Diamond "Huggy" Blow
Investing in the stock market? Consider these strong stocks to buy and hold!
by Paul Ace Diamond "Huggy" Blow
1) Nintendo (NTDOY) Nintendo stock (NTDOY) is an ADR stock you can buy and sell on the NYSE (regular Nintendo stock is only sold on the Japanese stock market). One share of NTDOY stock equals 1/8 of a share on the Japanese market. Nintendo's new Switch gaming system is a smash mega hit and has been driving the price of Nintendo stock upward since March of 2017, and as more games for the Switch are released (plus the new releases of the NES Classic and SNES Classic gaming systems) the stock price may well reach the $80 range last seen in 2007 when the Wii was a smash hit. Currently trading in the $40-45 range, Nintendo stock should continue to grow well into 2018 and beyond.
2) Aurinia Pharmaceuticals (AUPH)
Aurina Pharmaceuticals is a bio-chem company in Canada currently developing a new drug for Lupus called voclosporin. There is currently NO cure for Lupus, and voclosporin is considered to be a breakthrough drug and has already successfully completed phase I and II trials with great results. It is now in phase III trials, and predictions are that once completed and on the market AUPH stock will sky rocket to the $40-60 range in 2018-2019. The company is a strong candidate for a buy-out, and if that happens the stock could sky rocket much sooner. The current AUPH stock price is in the $6 range, so at that low price should be considered a bargain and now is the time to buy in and hold!
3) NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) NVIDIA Corporation is an American technology company located in California. NVIDIA is a chip manufacturer that designs and creates graphics processing units for gaming (including the chips used in Nintendos Switch consoles) as well as artificial intelligence (AI) chips. This is the number one chip company (better than AMD) and the NVDA stock price tripled in 2017 and should continue to grow and reach new levels in 2018 and beyond.
4) WYNN RESORTS (WYNN)
I own several casino stocks, but the WYNN is the number one casino stock to invest in. The Wynn Resorts own and operate the Wynn and the Encore in Las Vegas, along with the Wynn Macou in China which is modeled after the Wynn in Vegas. The Wynn stock in 2014 peaked at $244 a share, then dove to $57 per share in January of 2016, but in 2017 has made big gains and has risen to the current $140-145 level. Wynn stocks pay a dividend of 2%. With the dividends and the promising Macou gambling market, Wynn stocks are a good bet on the stock market and if you trade just one casino stock, WYNN is the one to buy.
5) McDonalds (MCD)
McDonalds is a world famous international company and always will be. McDonalds has made a real resurgence in 2017 and the MCD stock price has grown considerably (one of the best performing DOW stocks in 2017), and should continue to prosper. If you look at long term charts you will see that McDonalds stock is one of the few that did NOT crash in the 2008 economic crisis, and thus can be considered a SAFE stock to own in times of crisis. Plus, MCD offers a dividend yield of 2.58%.
6) Alibaba (BABA) Alibaba is a Chinese e-commerce company that can be considered to be China's version of Amazon. China's economy is expected to grow considerably over the next ten years, and with it BABA's stock price. BABA made great gains in 2017, which should continue into 2018 and beyond. Many consider BABA stock to be a better alternative to buying Amazon stock at this time.
7) Anheuser Busch (BUD) Anheuser Busch is one of the largest beer/alcohol companies in the world today. Popular beer brands owned by Anheuser Busch include Budweiser, Corona, Busch, Michelob, Löwenbräu, and scores of others. Anheuser Busch has been expanding into the craft beer market by acquiring scores of popular craft beer brands, thus staying "hip" with today's beer drinking market. I personally drink Bud Light when out on the town and like to think when I drink it the stock price goes up. While the BUD stock price has fallen since it's 2016 highs, it is seeing a resurgence in 2017 and should continue to grow. Like McDonalds, BUD stock can be considered a safe stock to own in times of crisis, since alcohol sales increase in such times. BUD also offers a nice dividend of 3.27%.
8) MELCO RESORTS (MLCO) I do love the casino stocks, and Melco is my number two favorite casino stock to own. Melco Resorts (MLCO) is a corporation located in Hong Kong that owns and operates casinos and resorts in Hong Kong, the Philippines, and Macao. Melco, along with the Wynn, gets a lot of the VIP gambling action in Macao and thus has been doing very well. MLCO stocks are very cheap among casino stocks, currently priced in the $20-22 range, making it a favorite for small investors. MLCO also offers a 1.35% dividend.
9) Amazon (AMZN) Amazon is one of the most popular FANG stocks to invest in, and for good reason. If you invested in Amazon five years ago, you'd be rich now. In 2017 Amazon stock still made great gains, however, after climbing to $1000 a share it has been struggling to stay there. How high can Amazon stock possibly go to? In the long run, most likely much higher, so Amazon stock can still be considered a solid stock to invest in for the long term.
10) PowerShares Nasdaq (QQQ) If you want to play it safe in the stock market, PowerShares Nasdaq may be for you. The QQQ is an index fund that trades like a stock on the NYSE. This means investing in QQQ is not just investing in a single company, but rather in the top companies in the Nasdaq index as a whole, and the QQQ stock price rises and falls at about the same rate as the Nasdaq. Another popular index fund is SPY, which is an SP500 index fund, but QQQ seems to perform better than SPY and is a cheaper stock price (currently trading in the $140-145 range). Warren Buffet advises investors to put their first $10,000 into index funds, and QQQ seems to be the best of the bunch.
$$$ Go to the Paul Diamond Blow Casino VIP Lounge homepage for more casino tips and advice articles $$$